James R. Pillar, Jr.
A seasoned graphic and production designer in the entertainment and consumer products industries with great communication skills and the ability to work efficiently within tight deadlines while maintaining high quality. Able to design within brand guidelines while applying refined design aesthetic to the task.
Walt Disney Studios
Digital Product Manager, Direct-to-Consumer & Disney Movies Anywhere Burbank, CA April 2014-Present
Disney Movies Anywhere is an app and website where you can browse, buy and watch your collection of eligible Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars titles across your favorite devices.
- Lead the creation, design, distribution, maintenance and archive of all artwork including: billboards, heroes, tiles, screenshots and style sheets used on platforms including: Apple, Android, Amazon, Vudu and Microsoft for the Disney Movies Anywhere app and website.
- Develop creative concepts, roughs, mock-ups to final design mechanicals for the app, while strictly adhering to Corporate and Brand standards for Disney, Marvel, Pixar, and Lucas Film Ltd. on a weekly basis.
- Produce all sales materials and responsive site assets for partner landing pages.
Walt Disney Interactive
Associate Manager, Mobile Design Services Glendale, CA Feb 2014 – April 2014
Disney’s Mobile Design Services provides a broad array of design services that take advantage of skilled staff, innovative workflows, and the latest in design technology to meet the on-going needs of our partners in the Walt Disney Company.
- Collaborated with Manager, Design Services and Product Marketing Team on creative direction and produced assets for Disney’s #1 puzzle game Frozen Freefall
- Produced mobile, static banner, and direct email assets, including Disney’s Infinity promos and packaging while adhering to strict Corporate and Brand standards and meeting all launch timelines to increase user acquisition.
- Reviewed final assets for accuracy before final project delivery to all stakeholders (i.e. most up to date artwork, proofreading and properly executed final assets).
Interactive Graphic Production Artist Cupertino, CA May 2012 – June 2013
The Marcom Interactive team creates pixel-perfect web graphics, spearheads process improvement initiatives, and collaborates with Producers, Creatives, and Developers to ensure visual design and quality standards are met across all digital deliverables.
- Collaborated with a team of ten (10) production artists to meet production goals and ensure efficient file handoffs for localization for the on-time launch of IOS 7, iPhone 5, and iPad mini visible to over 30 million viewers.
- Found production solutions through testing and research that resulted in utilizing cutting edge HTML 5 masking and animation technology to create dynamic mobile and retina-ready websites for multiple platforms.
- Reviewed final webpages and HTML email with an exacting eye, ensuring that graphics and layouts are flawless.
Creative Art Director Los Angeles, CA June 2010 – April 2013
A full-service design agency specializing in print, interactive, branding & corporate identity design. Clients included: Disney, ESPN Sports Zone, Kyochon Chicken, Sof’ella Gourmet Natural Foods, recording artists including Incubus and Chris Isaak, and celebrity personalities including Jillian Harris.
- Led design efforts and built meaningful user experiences across digital, web, and print media with an understanding of the importance of great design in building a strong brand and corporate identities while staying on budget and meeting aggressive launch dates.
- Brainstormed and conceptualized projects with clients from requirements gathering/creative brief to completion.
- Tracked all deadlines and proactively communicate status of jobs to ensure timely delivery of proofs and final products.
Terry Hines and Associates
Online Media Developer and Production Artist Burbank, CA November 2001 – May 2010
A trusted agency with over 40 years of specializing in brand partnerships, creative services, digital marketing, experiential and events marketing, multidiscipline targeted outreach, mobile/social platforms and custom software development. Clients included: Paramount Pictures, Summit Entertainment, Fox, MGM, Warner Bros., CBS Films and Focus Features
- Created the industry’s first online press kits including: database management, HTML delivery of production notes, trailers, images, advertising material, and email notification management for the major entertainment studios.
- Managed the functional web development for the online press kit website including the development of Flash banners.
- Produced all forms of advertising creative for print, outdoor billboards, bus shelters, banners, web pages, digital boards and marketing and promotional materials.
Bethany College – Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Specializing in Marketing, Advertising and Graphic Design
Pro-Bono & Other Interests
Rugby, Children’s charities, Harley-Davidson, Sigma Nu Fraternity